Sunday, October 26, 2014

Shelves

In a new house there are blissfully few home improvement projects that need to happen.  But our storage area in the basement desperately needed some shelves.
This picture is after I'd taken out most of the stuff. There was some concerns that Hoarders: Buried Alive was going to bust down our doors to feature all the crap we had shoved in there.
After careful Internet based research, Derek had Lowe's cut some lumber planks and, armed with his handy dandy drill and some decking nails, set his hand at flexing his Y Chromosome to build us some shelves.
They turned out great!  Please notice how the entire middle shelve is filled with baby paraphernalia that I just don't know what to do with.  Do I give it away?  Will we need it again?  I'm paralyzed with indecision (Derek is not so paralyzed - he wants to ditch it all).
We also had carpet remnants left over from earlier this week when they ripped out the original carpet that was laid (poorly) and installed new carpet (for free), so we rolled it out and our unfinished storage area is looking pretty decent now.

1 comment:

KT said...

They look great! I just love having shelves. Also, I think you should keep your baby gear and have another baby. Your babies are just too cute to stop having! Plus, you gotta keep going until you get a girl, right?? :)