Monday, September 8, 2014

Where did the time go?

It's been a while since I posted.  But that's not why I titled the post what I did.  It's in reference to the fact that my BABY, my itty bitty tiny wittle baby boy is two and a half.  How did this happen?  Did I not just give birth, like, a month ago?

Last week, that newly born little boy finally figured out how to climb out of his crib.  His brothers were all climbing out well before their 2nd birthday and were sleeping every night in the bed by the time they were two. Cameron is 2 years and 8 months old.  I haven't been in a rush for him to figure it out.  He's a dream of a sleeper.  Takes a great nap every day, doesn't wake up at night.  The last thing I want to do it ruin it - which is also why he still has his binky.

 
Since moving into the new house - which I should probably do a post on - bedtime has been a little rough.  Cameron and Chase are now sharing a room.  Chase (4 1/2) wants to move back to the old house so he can have his own room again.  Poor Chase.  It hasn't worked out well at all.  For one - these two have far too many toys and it looks like Toys R Us threw up in their room.  But they are not compatible sleepers.  Chase is an early bird with no nap and needs to go to bed at 8.  Cam is a night owl, because he does still nap, and wants to sleep in.  Something had to be done, so when I set up the toddler bed I asked Bryce if I could put it in his room for a little while (forever) and he agreed.  Poor Bryce. 
 
Now the crib is in Chase's room, the toddler bed is in Bryce's room and I'm switching the mattress back and forth between the two.  I'm not ready for Cameron to stop napping (he's so TIRED at nap time and goes down easily and it's so nice to have a whole hour all to myself before my big boys come home).  Cameron keeps asking to sleep in his crib, but at night he babbles away for, literally, an hour and keeps Chase up.  Then he has to go to Bryce's room.  Last night Bryce came out at 10:00 and said Cameron was keeping him up by telling him, repeatedly, that his tummy hurt (he was fine).  Now, no one wants to share a room with him.  Poor Cameron. 


No comments: